First Gameplay Footage For Persona 5 Scramble Revealed

Atlus reveals a ton of information in the game's first ever live stream.
Persona 5 Scramble
Atlus has revealed the first gameplay and story details for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers. Atlus

While there is a considerable amount of hype involved with Atlus and the upcoming release of Persona 5 Royal to Western markets next year, there is another Persona 5 title in the works that’s also worth noting for two things. First, it’s the first Persona game that will be hitting the Nintendo Switch, and second, it also happens to be a musou game, a departure from the turn-based JRPG style the series is known for.

Now, we finally have more information with this new title. Atlus has dropped a ton of details with regards to Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers, developed by Omega Force and stylizing itself as an action RPG set in the world of Persona 5. The lengthy details came from the game’s first official live stream, and included gameplay and story tidbits of what players can expect for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers. Check out the full live stream below, as well as condensed parts of the stream focusing on the story, Shibuya, and the action itself.

If you’ve ever found yourself in the weird position of hating musou games and liking the Persona series, then the gameplay might come as a surprise. There’s a significant amount of finesse and complexity added to the brawling aspect that makes it stand out from other titles in the genre.

Atlus has also dropped some details about the game’s ongoing development, revealing that Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers is 90 percent complete, and the remaining 10 percent is dedicated to fine-tuning the game to make it the best it can be. They are also touting that the story aspect will not be forgotten, with character growth still being present much like any mainline Persona game.

Perhaps said to assuage the fears of some fans, Atlus has also said that Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers is being made as an actual entry in the Persona 5 series.

Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers is set to be released for the PlayStation 4 and the Switch on February 20, 2020 in Japan. A Western release will follow after.

Source.

Loading...
Join the Discussion
Top Stories